Summary of responsibilities:
- Conducting market research to identify prospective new customers and winning new business
- Marketing Integr8 to 3rd party customers
- Bunker procurement for a range of third party customers
- Planning ideal bunkering ports for the voyage the vessel is planning
- Managing bunkers for your own fleet of Navig8 ships
- Liaising daily with existing 3rd party customers
- Liaising daily with suppliers
- Maintaining and improving the Bunker Trading Platform
Skills and experience
- Ideally 1-3 years’ experience as a bunker trader
- Proven ability to develop business
- Strong sales track record
- Ability to bring in business from the outset
- Japanese speaker
- Other shipping experience e.g. in operations or chartering would be an advantage
In order to consider applicants for this role, we require certain information relevant to your application, including but not limited to your education and employment history, and other details pertinent to your enquiry (including personal data). By applying to the Navig8 Group using this website, you are providing your express consent for Navig8 Group to use your information for the purpose of deciding your application. The information will be processed to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; where it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations; where it is necessary for the Navig8 Group’s legitimate interests (such as satisfying pre-employment due diligence) unless where those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights; and to comply with any applicable law as your potential employer. The Navig8 Group reserves the right to negatively assess any application where an applicant does not provide us with the requested information.
The Navig8 Group will only hold your data for the purpose of your employment application. We will hold it for as long as is necessary to consider your application and/or is necessary to comply with any applicable law, and will delete it thereafter.
As part of the recruitment process, we may process information about your health and/or religion and/or ethnicity, only as is absolutely required and as permitted or required by applicable law, for the purposes of making adjustments to the recruitment process, for assessing eligibility and for accommodation of your needs in our workplace.