01. Trusted Name / Strong Group
Founded in 2005, RKOffshore was acquired by the Navig8 Group in April 2016 bringing together unrivalled experience in the offshore sector with the World’s leading integrated provider of maritime management services.
02. Global Reach / Regional Focus
Some of the initiatives RK8 has progressed in its effort to be a premier global service provider include:
- Together with manning agency Marine Crew Services SA (Pty) Ltd (MCS) based in Cape Town have cooperated with the South African Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA) to provide cadet training berths within the RKO fleet for the TNPA. This has enabled cadets to complete the sea-time phase of their training program. Over the years, RK8 has provided sea-time for more than 100 South African cadets.
- Meeting local cabotage requirements with initiatives such as partnering with Caverton Marine in Nigeria & establishing Caverton-RK in 2011 with the vision of building a first class marine services company and to transfer skills to Nigerians both onshore and off-shore. This JV has further increased RK8's footprint in the region and illustrates the company's commitment to Africa and local content.
03. Customer Focus
We leverage our extensive relationships and those of the Navig8 Group at the local, regional and global levels to provide the strongest support - both technical and commercial - to our clients.
RK8 focuses on forging strong and cooperative partnerships while delivering a first-class service which is safe, reliable, and cost effective. Experienced teams respond quickly and efficiently to meet our clients' needs and aim to exceed current industry standards and to set new benchmarks of excellence in the offshore sector.
04. Integrated In-house service with the highest commitment to safety
We handle every aspect of vessel management from commercial, operations to full technical management in house and are an ISO 9001:2008 Certified Ship Management organisation. Safety is of primary importance to RK8 and an integral part of our culture and service delivery. Our ISO 9001:2008 certification enables us to deliver ship management with the utmost attention to quality, reliability and safety in our daily operations. As a result, our clients consistently give us high scores on satisfaction surveys conducted to continuously monitor the standard of our operations, technical, HSSE, crewing, and purchasing services.
05. Modern and Homogeneous fleet
RK8 presently operate two pools of Offshore Supply Vessels with an average age of vessels in the pool of 6 years.
- The Sea8 pool operates vessels in the 5-8,000 BHP range
- The Ocean8 pool operates vessels in the 9-12,000 BHP range